What I’ve learned past few days is Bitmap and Vector Images
Bitmap images are called raster images and it uses a rectangular grid of picture elements (pixels) to represent images.
- Gifs JPEG are bitmapped formats
- bitmaps assign colours pixel by pixel
- bitmap images are resolution-dependent.
- Bitmaps are composed of individuals pixels they tend to scale poorly.
while Vector images are not created pixel by pixel
- vector images are not resolution- dependent.
- great for visual elements, such as logos, that will be used at various sizes.
- Vector images, scale well, because they rely on mathematical equations to determine their appearance
I’ve also learned about colour management. These devices all have a limited colour gamut. Colour gamut refers to the range of colours a device displays.
RGB colour – red, green and blue light. RGB tends to be better at bright colours like those in a neon sign and less adept with dull colours (black and some pastels)
CMYK – cyan, magenta, yellow and black. CMYK tends to be better at pastels and pure black.
Colours might vary for one of the following reasons.
- Differences in image sources whether the image is from a camera or scanned inn.
- The way software applications define colour.
- Choice of print media. for examples, new print paper reproduces a small quality paper.
- Natural variations between devices – monitors differ based on manufacturer and monitor age.
I’ve learned monitor profiles. they describe how the monitor is currently reproducing colour. It has 2 types of device
- Input device profiles – describe what colour an input device is capable of capturing or scanning.
- Output device profiles – describe the colour space of output devices such as desktop printer or a printing process.
I’ve also learned about the options & tools and there’s a lot of it.
Painting tools has 4 tools.
- Brush tool
- Pencil tool
- Mixer brush tool
- Pattern Stamp tool
Selection tools has 3 tools
- Quick selection and magic wand tools
- Marquee tools
- Lasso Tools
Marquee tools also has 3 types
- Elliptical Marquee
- Single Row or Single coumn
Lasso Tools has 3 tools again
- Lasso selection tool
- Polygonal Lasso Tool
- Magnetic Lasso Tool
Setting brush options has 4 types
- Tool preset picker
- Brush preset picker
Brush only options has 2 types
- Airbrush mode
- Auto erase
Mixer brush only options has 6 types
- Current brush load swatch
- Preset pop-up menu
- Sample All Layers
Standard brush tip options has 8 types
- Diameter (size)
- Use sample size
- Flip X
- Flip Y
Bristle tip option has 7 types
Options available from the refine edge dialog box
- View mode
- Refine radius and erase refinements tool
- Smart Radius
- Shift Edge
- Decontaminate colours
- Output to